[En-Nut-Discussion] Question regarding NutLoadConfig/NutSaveConfig

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Mon Aug 24 23:21:39 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'd like to add the AT24C driver in combination with the new at91_twi.c
as a generic EEPROM driver to the NutConfig system.

Crawling through the code shows, that the existing NutLoadConfig() is
called at the beginning of the NutInit() function that also installs the
main() function as an idel-task.

Before that NutLoadConfig() call, there is no additonal code that
installs any kind of driver. While my boards run fine, if I use the
at91EFC option, where the config is locatd in the onchip flash, no other
option works. I.e. If I setup the AT45DB serial flash for NutConfig
space it doesn't work, and if I use my new eeprom driver, it doesnt work
either.

I was shure, that it don't work with my eeprom, as first the at91_twi
has to be initialized, and second, the at24c init has to be called to
setup at least one eeprom to be connected to the twi.
I knew that and investogated for the point, where the AT45DB installs
it's SPI node... I don't find it. And, as the system crashes with the
AT45DB too, I fear that there is something missing...

Any idea, or help, or tip where I missed something?

Best regards,

Ulrich