[En-Nut-Discussion] Register hostname for Ethernut

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:53:44 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Daniel <ziu82 at gmx.de> wrote:

> But when I configure a normal PC (running Windows or Linux) with a hostname,
> then I access it in the network via ist hostname. Shouldn't this be working
> with a Ethernut board also?

That's probably some netbios or something like that that Microsoft
uses to find it's network shares. I don't think ethernut has such
protocol implemented (unless our simple WINS does that). So, it would
have to be implemented. But notice that it would only work for
windows, not other OSes. The proper way would be a DNS entry.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa