[En-Nut-Discussion] qnutconf path mysteries

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Dec 8 18:34:10 CET 2009

Ole Reinhardt wrote:
>> is that the command line would have to be extended in the same way. I
>> thought of creating a "project" with xml containing a reference for
>> the .conf file and the compiler settings.
>
> That's a nice idea and could solve Haralds objection that one have to do
> all these configuration steps again if there is just a small change in
> the board.conf file.

Well, I'm completely open to everything, as long as it is not less
useful than what we have now. Like with most open projects, the one who
writes the better code, wins the discussion. ;-)

Hopefully nobody got the impression, that I'm satisfied with the current
solution. Too many times I've been upset by an empty settings dialog.

The problem I'm facing right now is, that I want to move forward to a
new stable release and I'm still unsure whether we will get the Qt
version integrated within a reasonable time.

I'm considering to release a new beta with a qnutconf executable
included in the Windows installation, so more users may give it a try
and provide some feedback.