[En-Nut-Discussion] qnutconf path mysteries

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:14:03 CET 2009

Hi,

>> I would like a solution that is

[cut]
>> d) these config files does not neet to be located in the nut/conf tree
>
> I agree. Specifically d) is not yet supported and many users will
> probably like such a solution.

That's why the multiple project thing doesn't work for me. I have my
.conf file outside of the nut/conf tree, with my source code.

> The problem I'm facing right now is, that I want to move forward to a
> new stable release and I'm still unsure whether we will get the Qt
> version integrated within a reasonable time.

I guess it depends on the time frame and the intention. As a
replacement, it is still missing some features. For instance, it does
compile, but doesn't yet create the samples folder and their
makefiles. Also, I think the settings needs more work. And, of course,
the about dialog is still missing :)

> I'm considering to release a new beta with a qnutconf executable
> included in the Windows installation, so more users may give it a try
> and provide some feedback.

Perhaps we could ship with nutconf and release a separate download for
qnutconf for testing.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa