[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP FFlush slow on Ethernut 3

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Sat Feb 14 13:11:43 CET 2009

Hi Harald,

thank you for your answer.  I use a very simple application like rs232d for
testing. there are no interrupt´s
and no other threads.

the loop is like this

        cd.cd_tcpip = _fdopen((int) sock, "r+b");
        while (1) {
         fputs("01ABSTD41",cd.cd_tcpip);
         outr(PIO_SODR,_BV(3));
         outr(PIO_SODR,_BV(2));
         fflush(cd.cd_tcpip);
         outr(PIO_CODR,_BV(2));
         Nutsleep(100);
         outr(PIO_CODR,_BV(3));
        }

The outr are only needed for measuring with my analyzer.
i connect a telnet session and with debug-info´s in RAM fflush tooks ~10ms
(ROM without debug ~40ms).
(running ping at the same time reply is about 2-5 ms. )
After closing the telnet window fflush tooks only a few µs.
I get your hints and drill down to the problem.

It is not a big problem to me, but because we are now on production state
with our new board´s i´m interested why this happens and of course it would
speed up my application when i can solve it.
Even in my big application (doesn´t fit in RAM) with many threads, int´s
etc. its is exactly the same
behaviour.

Martin