[En-Nut-Discussion] Optimizing nutconf

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 14 15:16:01 CET 2009

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:

> Removing the loop might get it to show for a bit less time, but that's
> quite aestetic.

The loop had been added earlier to make the splash appear more reliable
on Linux. Anyway, it's not important at all.

> [snip]
> +    if(splash) {
> +        splash->Destroy();
> +    }
> +
>      return true;
>  }
>
> I know you just moved this block, but unless wxSplashScreen::Destroy()
> commits suicide ( delete this ), this will leak memory. If it's
> destructor calls Destroy, you can just delete it:
>
> delete splash;

If you look to the change history, the delete had been intentionally
replaced by the destroy method in order to fix a problem. That problem
may have lived inside wxWidgets and may have disappeared in the meantime.

Harald

P.S.: I wanted to add the related diff links, but the SourceForge CVS
Browser is crashing all the time with "404 Repository not found". Shall
we become worried?