[En-Nut-Discussion] Thread management (killing threads) (Michael Jones)

PragmaLab info at pragmalab.nl
Tue Jul 7 21:50:12 CEST 2009

Hello Michael,

> >The good news is that by design, not all threads don't have to run
> >concurrent: eg we play from a card, or from the internet,
> never at the
> >same time.
>
> Why bother with multiple threads then? One thread used as an
> dispatcher will be the easiest way to do this.

sure, but the modular design wouldn't benefit from one big dispatcer thread
that knows about tasks that can or cannot run in a mutual exclusive mode I'm
afraid.
For some small tasks indeed we use this approach, but, at least in our case,
it would not be the proper solution. But thanks for responding anyway.

regards,

Rob van Lieshout