[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3.0e NPL upgrade problems

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Jul 27 20:16:34 CEST 2009

x1 wrote:
> I was able to get a clean compile by modifying Makedefs.npl-xc95 producing a
> npl30e.bin file of 105,424 bytes.
> unfortunately my new NPL did not work.  I still can not use _open on my SD
> cards.  I know the PHAT program and SD card works because they run on my
> Olimex ARM board.

Sorry for not responding earlier. The trouble is, that I had to stop in
the middle of upgrading the CPLD for Ethernut 3.1. I need to sort out a
few things first and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Since then:

Did you try
npl30d-v7.zip
npl30e-v6.zip
available at
http://www.ethernut.de/arc/
?

The Verilog sources may fail when using later versions of the Xilinx
tools. Some time ago Martin provided a solution for this

http://www.nabble.com/Ethernut-3-PHAT-MMC-Card-td15720204.html#a15878021

This worked here on our Ethernut 3.1 prototype and will probably work on
3.0 too.