[En-Nut-Discussion] anyone using SAM7S32?

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Tue Jul 28 22:04:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 09:27:14PM +0200, Adam Dybkowski wrote:
> Bernd Walter wrote:
>
> > Just tried to run ethernut the first time on a SAM7S controller.
> > My main function doesn't get excecuted it seems, so it looks to be
> > something in Ethernut startup.
> > I'd used the included st91sam7s32_rom.ld.
> [...]
>
> Probably this microcontroller has too small RAM to run Nut/OS for ARM.

That's why I ask for other people using it.
Ethernut ships even with an .ld file for SAM7S16, but I'm already
slightly above 16k codesize.

> Did you analyze .map file concerning this?

Yes I did a lot - took some time to strip the codesize down :)
There are just a few bytes statically allocated.

[366]devel> arm-elf-size main
  16984      48    2460   19492    4c24 main

2x 1k in bss are stacks.

Not completely sure about dynamic allocation until main startup.
I've defined 512 Bytes for idle and 1024 for main stack.
This should be far away from the 8k limit.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de