[En-Nut-Discussion] newLib integration

Faas, Hylke Hylke.Faas at echostar.com
Wed Jun 17 12:11:56 CEST 2009

Hi Aurel and other readers,

To awnser your question, if you are the only person with this problem; I
don't think so, I do also have problems linking my object files.

The strange thing is that after activating floating point in the Nut/OS,
there is no application that can link, not even an application with no
code in it (except an empty main() function) won't link.
I have to say that, I also am a newbie with Nut/OS, but it doesn't look
good if an empty source can't link.

I got the link error also when I try to compile and link (without the
floating point enabled) a project of my own (with multiple source
files). If I look on the internet, they all talk about the malloc and
(s)printf functions that causes these errors because of the missing
syscalls.c or (all what Aurel allready told), but if I make a simple
project with a few (s)printf and malloc/free calls there are no errors.
I can even run the app on the Ethernut without problems, still I can't
link my own project.

Is there someone with more experience about this problem who can help us
(with the following questions for example)?
 - Does anyone know what realy causes the linking errors, what type of
functions or library for example?
 - What do we have to do so we don't get these errors?

Regards,

Hylke Faas