[En-Nut-Discussion] newLib integration

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:30:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:41 PM, athomi at bluewin.ch <athomi at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> IMO the question seems to be easy: How to make _sbrk reentrant (_sbrk_r)?

Given that the Nut/OS only has cooperative threads, not preemptive
threads, then it already is reentrant :)

On the other hand, one easy way might be protect it with
NutEnterCritical/NutLeaveCritical. Probably not the most eficient way,
but should work.

> => I found an interesting article from Bill Gatliff on the Embedded.com Magazin (Embedding GNU: Newlib, Part 2) where
> he describes how to port newlib (as the name of the article implies).
>
> Why didn't i already port the reentrant newlib to the actual NutOS?
>
> => Because i don't have the detail knowledge of the NutOS internals to do this task in an usefull time.

Do you really need to build reentrant newlib? As I mentioned above, it
doesn't make much sense in Nut/OS right now.

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa