[En-Nut-Discussion] newLib integration

athomi at bluewin.ch athomi at bluewin.ch
Wed Jun 17 23:41:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

>Given that the Nut/OS only has cooperative threads, not preemptive
>threads, then it already is reentrant :)
Crucial point, i haven't thought it to the end before.

>Do you really need to build reentrant newlib? As I mentioned above, it
>doesn't make much sense in Nut/OS right now.
You may be right, but this dosn't solve the problem with the actual YAGARTO version because that version _is_ build
as reentrant.

So i see two solutions:

- Trying to get an up-to-date version of YAGARTO build without reentrant (resp. diverting to such an older version)

  ==> might it be worth a note on the NutWiki?

- Create some "wrapper" (to the already available non-reentrant stubs) functions for the reentrant stubs of newlib

Either way, thank a lot for your answers.

regards,

Aurel Thomi