[En-Nut-Discussion] AT91 EFI

Adam Dybkowski adybkows at wp.pl
Tue Jun 23 00:48:06 CEST 2009

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:

>>    I'm looking into porting NVMEM support to the AVR32 and since I've
>> been using the ARM as basis, I would like to know how the ARM EFI
>> works, and see if I can apply that to AVR32.
>>
>>    Does the AT91 have an userpage? How big is it? Or the NV data is
>> written to normal code page? If so, how does you define it's starting
>> address/size?

> Ok, I've figured most of it, but how do you determine
> FLASH_CONF_SECTOR not to conflict with the data or code?

Linker should care about program memory size, based on memory map in
linker script file. Linker scripts are located in
nut/arch/avr32/ldscripts (for avr32 devices). I think you should trim
Flash memory length in *.ld files to reserve space for configuration at
the end of Flash area if you want to save configuration there.

--
Adam Dybkowski
		adybkows at wp.pl
		http://dybkowski.net/