[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut OS: ARM: Missing Linker script files

Faas, Hylke Hylke.Faas at echostar.com
Mon Jun 29 14:01:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

I was "playing" with the options of the linker scripts in the Nut Os
configuration (using ethernut 4.8.2), when I encountered the following
problems;

The configuration tool gives the following options for the ethernut 3
(AT91R40008):

at91_boot                          AT91R40008, code in ROM, copied to
and running in RAM
at91_bootcrom                   AT91R40008, code in ROM copied to RAM,
but constant data remains in ROM.
at91_bootloader_bootcrom  AT91R40008, code copied to RAM, but consts
remain in ROM. Started by bootloader at address 0x10000
at91_ram                           AT91R40008, code loaded in RAM by
bootloader
at91_rom                           AT91R40008, code running in FLASH
at91_httprom                     AT91R40008, code running in FLASH. Use
this with boothttp.

When testing some different options I came with the conclusion that the
at91_bootloader_bootcrom is not implemented yet (the files
at91_bootloader_bootcrom.ld and crtat91_bootloader_bootcrom.S are simply
missing) or am I missing something?

The at91_bootcrom and at91_boot give the following error:
"crtat91_boot.S:55: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized
character is `0'" (example as you can see is of the at91_boot)
If I search on the internet most of the time it has something to do with
the missing path of the cross-compiler. Correct me if I am wrong, but in
this case the other linker scripts wouldn't work either if the path
wasn't set correct.
Are there other people how encountered this problem and what where
they're solutions?

Regards,
Hylke Faas

EchoStar Europe