[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 4.8

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Mon Mar 2 12:23:36 CET 2009

Hi!

> > Sorry, I did not yet manage to add the "gorp" directory and my first
> > content... Do you still accept there enhancements for 4.8? So I'd add
> > them today / tomorrow. Those won't add lots of dependencies I think?
>
> Even worse I'm feeling sick today, unable to arrange my thoughts,
> spending my time filling this mailing list with idle talk.

... I see, you even did not answer my question ;-) Get well soon!

> > Btw: There were some requests for my SAM7 bootloader code. I'd like to
> > add this too. First Idea was to add it to the boot directory, but as it
> > it a simple NutOS application it can't be build standalone without
> > configured NutOS. So better place would be the app directory?
>
> Mh...good questions. I'd still favor the boot directory, but the
> difficulty is the required path to the build tree. Wouldn't it be
> acceptable for a boot loader to instruct the user to add the right path
> of the Nut/OS libs to the Makefile?

For me it would be. Will it be for others too? In case one will build a
bootloader, I think he/she should be able to read a readme file. Thos,
let's use the boot directory :) It's even worse, because the loaded
application needs some precautions in the linker script / startup code
to. So no way if one does not read the Makefile...

Bye,

Ole

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |