[En-Nut-Discussion] Dead Ethernut

Pete Allison macsmaker at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 01:20:40 CET 2009

Ole, Thanks for the reply.

This was a working ethernut board. I had programmed it several times using
avrdude and a STK500 adapter using the JTAG programming interface. We have
not had any problems until now.

I can upload hex files, but the Atmel processor does not seem to execute
them. I believe the clock is running.

I may have carelessly connected the JTAG cable on the STK500 adapter to the
SPI connector on the ethernut board, instead of the JTAG connector.

I don't know if this has caused any damage. It's the only thing I can think
of.

I have reloaded basemon.hex, and I get the same response. Avrdude reports a
successful upload, that the fuses are okay, but the code never executes.

I did try the code in question on another ethernut board and it works fine.
I must have damaged it somehow.

BTW, don't spend anytime on my previous questions. I have figured most of
out them myself, the important ones, at least. Good learning experience.

Pete Allison