[En-Nut-Discussion] Realtime Nut/OS

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 5 13:26:40 CET 2009

Hi

may I push the stated concept even further. Adam Dunkel's Contiki (http://www.sics.se/contiki/
) is a pure while loop event handler. However, Contiki provides
Protothreads which essentially facilitates the implementation of state
machines in a thread like way without real threads. Then, it also
provides multi-threading on top of it. I don't remember but it might
even be preemptive.
So Haralds idea of running nut/os in a real time thread could be
possible and useful. I'm running the unix emulation of  nut/os as an
app on unix, that's same, no?

Cheers
matthias