[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 4.8

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Mar 10 18:36:12 CET 2009

Ole Reinhardt wrote:
>> Anyway, it built, but didn't work, I had an empty tree after loading
>> up the config file.
>
> This might have several reasons. Most common is that your repository
> files (xyz.nut) failed to parse. Either they were not available at the
> right place (this was a bug in some older configurator versions) or they
> contain some bugs. Quite hard to find. Mostly a colon less or more...

Using the following sequence always worked for me

  mkdir ethernut
  cd ethernut
  cvs blahblah co nut
  cd nut
  ./configure
  make
  sudo make install
  cd ..
  nutconf

Thus, start the Configurator from the parent directory of nut.

> Right, as I understood Harald please don't commit to the HEAD, instead
> just commit to the 4.8 branch.

I already dumped the CVS, any changes will be lost. As far as I
understood, we will have all available in SVN, including branches and we
will disable CVS.