[En-Nut-Discussion] Burn Ethernut 1.3h with AVRISP MKII

Benoit Smeysters smeystersb at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:06:01 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I have an AVRISP MKII and I try to burn my Ethernut board with it ?

The SPI connector in the ethernut 1.3h is

1 -> PE0 (PDI)
2 -> Vcc
3 -> NC
4 -> GND
5 -> MR\
6 -> GND
7 -> PB1 (SCK)
8 -> GND
9 -> PE1 (PDO)
10 -> GND

Thus I connect my AVRISP :

1 -> PDI (MISO)
2 -> Vcc
3 -> SCK
4 -> PDO (MISO)
5 -> RST
6 -> GND

But the status LED is blinking orange. Why ?
The troubleshooting guide says "There is a problem on the reset line". But where is the probleme ?
Is it possible to burn my board with the AVRISP MKII ? If not, why ?

Thanks in advance

Benoît Smeysters

Student

Rue des Meuniers 17