[En-Nut-Discussion] area 'data' not large enough

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 26 14:18:30 CET 2009

Jeff Kenny wrote:

> I find learning how to use the tools the hardest and slowest part of any
> new project. I'm still at the stage where I can't even ask sensible
> questions.

Jeff,

I understand this. We are constantly trying to improve tools and
documents, but

1. Nut/OS is a large project with many thousand lines of code.
2. After several years it is still under very active development.
3. The number of supported targets and development environments is
constantly increasing.
4. The software knowledge range of Nut/OS users is from C newbies to
Linux kernel experts.

All this is great for the development of Nut/OS, but makes structuring
and maintaining the documentation a Sisyphean challenge.

It's particularly difficult to keep the entry level as low as possible.
Depending on your background, you may not find what you are looking for.
Specifically in your case: ImageCraft Users are a minority, simply
because GCC is free. Don't give up, ask questions. I'm sure it'll be
worth the effort and I'm personally interested in supporting the
ImageCraft compiler as a second reference to keep the code independent.

Harald

P.S.
http://www.ethernut.de/en/iccavr/
had been updated recently.