[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3 and eCos...

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Mar 25 12:31:24 CET 2009

Hello,

> After experimenting with my ethernut 3 and running a couple of applications, I wondered if it was possible
> to run eCos applications on my ethernut 3. I had a look on eCos hardware abstract layer(HAL), I discovered that there's already an ARM at91 variant used on our ethernut 3 and the drivers for the Davicom DM9000 ethernet controller including the drivers AT49xxxx flash memory. Has anybody done this before..?

At least RedBoot (which uses ecos) runs on the AT91EB40A evaluation
board, which uses the same CPU. So I'd expect it will also run on
Ethernut3. But I did not made more experience with it.

Bye,

Ole

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |