[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3 and eCos...

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Mar 25 10:27:37 CET 2009

samkelo tyatyantsi wrote:
> After experimenting with my ethernut 3 and running a couple of applications, I wondered if it was possible
> to run eCos applications on my ethernut 3. I had a look on eCos hardware abstract layer(HAL), I discovered that there's already an ARM at91 variant used on our ethernut 3 and the drivers for the Davicom DM9000 ethernet controller including the drivers AT49xxxx flash memory. Has anybody done this before..?

Do you think eCos will work with 256k RAM only? I'm not very familiar
with eCos. If it can run directly on NOR Flash, it may indeed work.

> I'm busy trying out RedBoot first.

At least that one may be valuable for Nut/OS as well.

> Pardon me guys I know this is not eCos discussion....

You're welcome. I'm sure this is an interesting topic for many
subscribers of this list, as long as it is kept at that general level.