[En-Nut-Discussion] External interrupts on Ethernut 3

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Fri Mar 27 16:56:36 CET 2009

Hello,

> Sorry for spamming the list.

No problem, but I did not fully understand your question / problem. It
seemed you had mailed with somebody private before moving to the list...
So I was missing the background of your question.

> Apparently manipulating the registers of the microcontroller is not
> necessary, which of course is logical for this kind of os.

Yes, you should be able to use NutRegisterIrq for your purpose.

> Originally I was adapting the SJA1000 driver for MCP2515 and in the
> initialization of the SJA1000 driver there was some direct register access
> which I assumed was necessary because that driver was in the Nut/OS
> distribution.

The SJA1000 driver uses direct register access, as this device is
connected to the data bus of the AVR. In your case you'll just use the
SPI driver as base, right?

> The interrupt handling still does not work but at least I get interrupts
> (Which unfortunately jam the system currently).

If you want you may send me some code example and I'd take a look on it.
Btw: I'd be happy if you would contribute your code, as I'll need the
MCP2515 in an upcomming project as well...

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |