[En-Nut-Discussion] AT91 EMAC Fix in Rev-2561

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 03:03:16 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Ole Reinhardt
<ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de> wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
>> Since you are changing at91_emac.c, perhaps you could take a look at this patch:
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2611369&group_id=34079&atid=410689
>>
>> It does some clean ups, improves performance and let you make PHY ID's
>> configurable :)
>
> Sounds good! I'll check this ASAP. Another idea: What's about providing
> a table with valid phy IDs and just probing for any of it? So we'll
> simply need to add new IDs if there is any new board. So basicaly the
> same like before, but not a bunch of if statements.

I think this would be a bit overkill. The table itself would be
"wasted" space for most users and the loop looking for the right value
could be seen too as unnecessary.

I think having it configurable in nutconf is quite nice. The code is
kept at a minimum and it's still verified that the PHY exists.

Thanks,
   Thiago A. Correa