[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut component failure assesment

Petri Hyötylä phyotyla at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:05:52 CEST 2009

Hello!
I'm doing a risk assessment for our little project.
I remember that an Ethernut2 stopped working for some unknown reason
(possibly ESD) about 1,5-2 years ago and I replaced the MCU but Nut/OS based
testing code still did not work on the board while normal Atmega128 code
seemed to work. I was wondering if there is some power-on self test done or
is it possible that the MCU will wait indefinitely when there is some
hardware malfunction. If there is some possibility of waiting indefinitely,
is there a possibility of this happening while the system is running? If
these are not possible or likely, I must have done something wrong.

BR,
Petri