[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut OS reliable on AT91SAM7X Evaluation Board?

Marcus Jansson jansson.marcus at yahoo.se
Fri Nov 13 15:39:54 CET 2009

Oh, I should think before posting! And sorry for not getting the mails into threads.

What I should have said in the previous post from me was:
"For AT91SAM7X256 I have ADC PDC implemented, and PWMC too. But I have not done PDC implementations of the other PDC
channels. My code is not yet in the Nut/OS."

I hope I didnt give anyone false hopes.

 >> Wiegelmann wrote:
 >>> I'm looking for hardwareplattform with a little bit more performance than Ethernut 1-2 but cheaper than 3 or EIR.
The At91Sam7x with the integrated network controller seems to ideal for me. Does anyone has experience with the
At91Sam7x- Eval Board and NutOs running? I think that a design with this processor could be a good and cheap replacement
for Ethernut1.3 or 2. What do you think?

 >> The bad thing is, that Nut/OS doesn't make use of all the goodies
 >> offered by this chip [sam7x]. For example, PDC (DMA) is almost not implemented
 >> in the drivers.
 >
 >I have implemented PDC (DMA) and also the PWMC unit for the AT91SAM7X256 Olimex board in Nut/OS.
 >I think Ulrich Prinz is reviewing the code right now ;)
 >Hopefully the code can make it into Nut/OS.

Regards,
Marcus