[En-Nut-Discussion] qnutconf (was: A few network related feature polls)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Nov 27 14:53:57 CET 2009

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:

> The qnutconf is missing a Delegate (so it will show radio icons on the
> tree instead of a checkbox icon) and create proper editor widget
> (qcombobox) for the multiple choice options and spinbox for the
> integer options. Other than that, tweaks here and there, and the part
> that generates the sample tree. It actually builds already, but with
> the missing custom delegate, some choices are unavailable for
> modification.

I wish to have _your_ problems. ;-) I finally succeeded to get it
compiling and running on Windows, using VS2008. But whatever directory I
use initially, it always fails with "Erro: There was a problem opening
the file, please check the log message." and and

14:40:54: Nut/OS Configurator Version 3.0.0
14:40:54: Linked to Qt 4.5.3
14:40:54: Working in C:/ethernut-4.9/nut/conf
14:40:59:

in the log. Yes, the last one is empty. Explicitly setting the
repository path in the settings doesn't help.

Any trick how to get the modules loaded?

May be I still didn't get the Qt setup right? I had to do a lot of weird
things to make it work in VS2008, with which I'm not familiar.
Unfortunately VS2003 is not supported by the Qt plug-in.

> Are you aware of problems with the AVR32 build?

Basically it seems to work. But I'd like to do a some more tests with
the EVK1104, but there are a few issues with that board, like the fixed
baud rate at the USB/RS-232 bridge. Unless these are solved, there
wouldn't be much fun using this board. I also have an STK1000, but
adding support for the AP7 may require more effort.