[En-Nut-Discussion] SJA1000 driver

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Oct 21 12:37:39 CEST 2009

Hello!

> I was going to use the SJA1000 driver with our Ethernut 3 project but I
> noticed that it seems to be only for AVR.

Yes, that's right. But there should not be a real issue why it should
not work with arm.

Main Problem might be the bus interface. The sja1000 supposes a
mulitplexed address / data bus where the Ethernut3 provides different
lines for data and addresses.

You could either re-multiplex it again using a cpld or simply use I/O
ports to connect the SJA1000 to. Perhaps you should consider to use a
different CAN controller with SPI interface?

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT                                                 |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |