[En-Nut-Discussion] SJA1000 driver

Petri Hyötylä phyotyla at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:05:24 CEST 2009

Thanks Ole
I was afraid that there was something I was not seeing.
I am already using MCP2515 and it has been serving our project well but now
we have to receive bursts of CAN messages and we miss some of them. I'm
guessing that the SPI bus may be overloaded because there is a lot of other
traffic on it, too. That's why I was hoping to test SJA1000 with (hopefully)
little effort to see if removing CAN traffic from the SPI helps. Now other
possible solutions I have is to increase SPI speed by doing the SPI in the
NPL or use a slave MCU to buffer the bursts. Probably AT90CAN128. I guess I
will go with the slave MCU.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Ole Reinhardt <ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de