[En-Nut-Discussion] NXP LPC2XXX port

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 2 20:36:14 CEST 2009

Hi Pedro,

Pedro Duarte wrote:

> I’m developing a system that will use an NXP LPC2468.
> Nut OS is supposed to work with the LPC2XXX processor, and in the code there are references to “MCU_LPC2XXX” and “OLIMEX_LPCE2294”.
> But I don’t find any LPC processor listed in the Configurator. Also, there isn’t any reference to an Olimex board that uses a LPC processor.

The port had been done by Michael Fischer before the Configurator became
a useful tool. I assume, that it is still working in the current
release, although it hadn't been maintained any further.

Adding a new CPU to the Configurator isn't too difficult, though. You
simply need to add a few entries in the *.nut files in the nut/conf
directory by copy and paste the entries of similar CPUs. If something
went wrong, the Configurator will tell you the error line in the message
window.

This document may help a bit:
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/ntn-5_config.html