[En-Nut-Discussion] Some notes on using GCC 4.4.1 (eh_frame)

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sun Sep 6 20:06:34 CEST 2009

Ok, I read all those discussions about newlib and understand why these
linking problems show up.

 > Building NutO/S fails as the new version likes to have unsetenv() return
 > an int. I fixed that in nut/crt/setenv.c
 >
 > The question ist, how can I detect the GCC version in the sources to
 > compile the right unsetenv() version?

This I fixed by configuring NutO/S to use Posix compatible unsetenv()

The rest is the previously discussed newlib problem wich obviously
nobody solved till today.

Unfortuantely I need floating point and I need it for an actual project.
I had to reinstall my system and I only find a 2006 version of yagarto.
I think I used a 2008 version before that worked quit fine. To bad that
there is no older version on sourceforge. So today I could'nt do
anything, I have to get to work to fetch the older version from the server.

I think it is not so optimal to update the compiler with breaking
compatibility and leaving the developers using it alone.
Even the comments from the wiki with arm-elf-ar -d ... doesn't work.

The systemcalls.c from yagarto.de may be a neat idea, but the function
headers don't match...

Any other idea?

Best Regards,
Ulrich