[En-Nut-Discussion] Some notes on using GCC 4.4.1 (eh_frame)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Sep 7 10:00:58 CEST 2009

Ulrich Prinz wrote:

> I think it is not so optimal to update the compiler with breaking
> compatibility and leaving the developers using it alone.
> Even the comments from the wiki with arm-elf-ar -d ... doesn't work.

Bad timing. Michael moved to Sourceforge in 2009 and egnite recently
moved its outdated mirror yagarto.org to a new machine, taking over the
current status of yagarto.de.

It is necessary to have previous versions available. For now I'm moving
my local backup to
http://www.ethernut.de/arc/
Unfortunately the original file dates are gone.

> The systemcalls.c from yagarto.de may be a neat idea, but the function
> headers don't match...

I must admit, that I didn't fully understand the topic. AFAIK, syscalls
had been always part of YAGARTO's newlib distribution. They often
appeared in linker errors as soon as standard C calls were referenced,
which require system functions (alloc, print etc.) and which were not
available in Nut/OS libs. E.g. using calloc or strdup in older Nut/OS
versions, which didn't support them.

I'll give it a try,