[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Using CMake

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Sep 8 12:47:03 CEST 2009

Hi Alain,

Alain Mouette wrote:

> Cigwin may be a PITA, but using mingw on windows is ok, I just used it
> for 2 projects and it is both simple to install and well behaved.

The problem with MingW is, that it doesn't include all tools that may be
required sometimes. Anyway, I'll try to keep the Nut/OS tools running on
native platforms. No Cygwin, no Mingw and no Fink.

> I used it with Code::Blocks wich I loved. I will try to move from
> Eclipse do Code::Blocks soon as my generica ARM platform :)

While the whole world is moving to Eclipse, it is interesting to read,
that some people move away from it.

Actually I'm not sure about wxWidgets anymore, since Nokia changed the
Qt license. Remember, that we are waiting about 2 years for wxWidgets 3
and there is not even an announcement of its release.