[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Using CMake

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 13:05:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Harald Kipp<harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:

> Actually I'm not sure about wxWidgets anymore, since Nokia changed the
> Qt license. Remember, that we are waiting about 2 years for wxWidgets 3
> and there is not even an announcement of its release.

Interesting you mention it *smile*. I've used Qt for years.

I've been working on a substitute to the configurator using Qt. I can
already load config files, and show the configuration tree like the
current configurator. Right now I'm missing some of the registry
settings loading/saving and the build. I would say that I'm 65% done.
I work on it from time to time, but right now it's on hold for a
little while.

Right now I'm keeping it private until I get it fully working (ie,
building Nut/OS) but I could share the code. I could even make it BSD,
since it has no link with the GPL'ed one anymore, and I don't like the
GPL so much, even if write GPL code from time to time.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa