[En-Nut-Discussion] NutCOnf/Qt

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 9 10:21:39 CEST 2009

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:

> The C++ compiler for host systems is much more advanced than those for
> embedded. Most platforms would probably be released with gcc (Linux,
> Windows - Mingw, Mac OS) and it is pretty good. Even MSVC 6.0 already
> had a pretty descent compiler.

You are probably right, but I still like to have a back door, just in
case. If the command line tool uses a different technology, it will more
likely be helpful if things go wrong.

> I think using C++ could simplify and speed up that code.

I agree, that this is a good argument. As usual, the developer (you)
decides. If someone (me) wants a different solution, he can do it. There
will be no conflict in this case, both solutions can be used concurrently.

> Anyway, I would like to show you guys my progress, should I upload it
> to svn under qnutconf (that's how I call it here)?
> Or I could send it to the avr32 branch at googlecode, it's still
> there, even though not used since the merge.

Great. I'd prefer nut/tools/qnutconf in SVN trunk.