[En-Nut-Discussion] problems making binairy to burn in flash

Faas, Hylke Hylke.Faas at echostar.com
Wed Sep 9 11:31:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

At this moment I some how managed to lose any control of (one) my arm7
proccessors. I can't access it in supervision mode (at least I guess
that is the problem). The consequenses are that I can't probe nor flash
the Arm, it gives the following error:
<ERROR>
Flash Manufacturer/Device: 0x0090 0x0090
Could not probe bank: no QRY
probing failed for flash bank '#0' at 0x10000000
<\ERROR>

I probebly set some fuses orso, does any one here have some experiance
with oocd and Arm7 and knowes how to reset the hole chip or some how
make it accessable again?

Further I ansewerd some of you questions below.

Using the telnet code? if you mean using a local host telnet connection
(explained on http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut3/openocd.html),
then yes. If you mean configuring and initalizing the oocd from telnet,
no (I have no idea how).

> Another thing is, that I found some older versions of oocd
> that use some not so correct register setups for the SAM7X-EK
> platform. They setup PLL for 16 or 12MHz chrystals but on the
> EK a 14.xxMHz is mounted.

Well I guess thats not a problem then sinds I use version 0.2.0.

> I recommend to use oocd version 0.1.0 or 0.2.0. Both work
> fine with my integration of the make burn in the trunk of
> nutos. Select arm-oocd instead of arm-jom.

unfortunetly that won't work either.

> The scripts have a small problem I could'nt solve. I didn't
> manage to find out the CPU the binary is compiled for. So the
> scripts under tools/scripts/flash-entry.script and
> flash-exit.script are fixed to
> SAM7X256 so you might have to exchange that.
>
> I tested the scripts with SAM7X-EK and the SAM7S based EIR
> and they are working quite good with oocd 0.1.0 and nearly
> perfect with oocd 0.2.0 and the upenocd-usb dongle.
> If you have another dongle, you need to adjust Makeburn.oocd
>
> For testing it might be easier to put the commands by hand
> via telnet instead of modify script, run make burn, fail, and
> again. So call openocd -f interface/yourif.cfg -f
> target/sam7x256.cfg -c init and telnet to localhost:4444 Then
> try giving the commands from flash-entry, that flashing part
> from Makeburn.oocd and flash-exit.script by hand.

I haven't found the .scripts files so thats something I couldn't test
correctly.

At this point I seriously doubt if this problem is caused by me handling
the tools incorrect or faulty installation (or reinstalation) of any of
the applications or drivers. So what I want to try is to test an
ehternut and Turtelizer on a clean system at home. If that is working
correct I'll have to have a chat with the system administrators here and
let them make a clean reinstall.

Thanks for the help,
Hylke