[En-Nut-Discussion] Lua without floting point support

Andre Riesberg andre at riesberg-net.de
Fri Apr 9 12:37:43 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I try to use Lua in my application. I don't need any floating point
support.
In the Nut Configurator the checkbox "C runtime (target specifed) ->
File Streams -> Floting point" is not set.
Under "Lua Support -> Standard Librarys -> Floating Point Numbers" the
checkbox disabled and not checked.

If I compile my application I get a lot of error messages likes this:

...nutinstall\libnutlua.a(lmathlib.o): In function 'math_tanh':
...undefined reference to 'tanh'

I see here all the floating point functions like sin, cos, tan, floor,
ceil....

If I add -lm to my LIBS in the makefile the compiling is successful and
the application works fine. But the application look quit big, so I
think there is a lot of (dead) floating point code inside.

Whats the way to disable floting point completely?

I use Nut/OS 4.9, target is a EIR compatible board.

Thanks
André