[En-Nut-Discussion] Lua without floting point support

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Apr 9 14:09:10 CEST 2010

Hi Andre,

On 09.04.2010 12:37, Andre Riesberg wrote:

> I try to use Lua in my application. I don't need any floating point
> support.
> In the Nut Configurator the checkbox "C runtime (target specifed) ->
> File Streams -> Floting point" is not set.
> Under "Lua Support -> Standard Librarys -> Floating Point Numbers" the
> checkbox disabled and not checked.

Looks to me like we have to fix this in the Configurator. As far as I
can see, the Lua math library requires floating point support. Thus, the
math library should be disabled in the Configurator when floating point
is not available.

> If I add -lm to my LIBS in the makefile the compiling is successful and
> the application works fine. But the application look quit big, so I
> think there is a lot of (dead) floating point code inside.

I'd recommend to start with all Lua libs unchecked. It may turn out
later, that the string or table libraries may be useful enough to spend
more code space. Though, a lot can be done with just basic Lua.

Note also, that the TCP I/O lib is a very simple, hacked demo only.
http://www.ethernut.de/en/firmware/nutlua.html