[En-Nut-Discussion] Port to other Cortex M3 processors?

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Aug 4 00:11:16 CEST 2010

Am 03.08.2010 23:21, schrieb Thiago A. Corrêa:
> Hi Ulrich,
>
>      According to the links you sent me in private, looks like the idea
> behind the Cortex family was that they are supposed to be completely
> (almost) compatible. What is required to port from ST to LPC or vice
> versa?

It is still the problem with the peripherals. First, these are still
vendor specific ( position of address, features and bit positions) and
second the broadly used pointer addressing of the config areas of these
and the CMSIS. For CMSIS I don't see any problem to use this pointer
addressing as the functions for setting up the Core are encapsulated.

But in general there is just writing abstractions for the peripherals
and nothing else to support CortexM from any supplier.

Regards
Ulrich