[En-Nut-Discussion] Make, .svn, and deleting a MsgQ

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Feb 3 06:31:59 CET 2010

Greetings, all...

I've recently had the fortune to return to writing NutOS apps, and have
run into some stumbling blocks.

First -- why do  the tarballs contain the .svn directories?  Did someone
miss reading up on the "export" command?

Second, the out-of-the-box makefiles are broken, in that they omit
"ipdemux.c".  Not sure if running the configurator fixes this, as I've
never had it work.  How could something like this slip past pre-release
tests?

Thirdly, question 2 of "nutsetup" offers an option "0) No standard", but
will not accept it!  The loop requires PLATFORM to be set before it will
exit.

And finally, I've noticed there's no corresponding Free function to
match NutMsgQCreate.

Looking at what the create does, I can see it's a non-trivial matter --
ensuring you remove it from the message queue chain correctly, purge is
list of timers, stopping them if needed? ...

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

--
Curtis Maloney