[En-Nut-Discussion] Make, .svn, and deleting a MsgQ

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Feb 3 12:03:26 CET 2010

Hi Curtis,

> I've recently had the fortune to return to writing NutOS apps, and have
> run into some stumbling blocks.
>
> First -- why do  the tarballs contain the .svn directories?  Did someone
> miss reading up on the "export" command?

Which version are you talking about? At least the lastest tarballs which
you'll find here http://www.ethernut.de/en/download/index.html
does not contain the .svn directories. Do they?

> Second, the out-of-the-box makefiles are broken, in that they omit
> "ipdemux.c".  Not sure if running the configurator fixes this, as I've
> never had it work.  How could something like this slip past pre-release
> tests?

Using the in-path Makefiles is more or less deprecated. If you need a
command line only version use nutconfigure instead of nutconf.

But we happily accept your patches!

> Thirdly, question 2 of "nutsetup" offers an option "0) No standard", but
> will not accept it!  The loop requires PLATFORM to be set before it will
> exit.
>
> And finally, I've noticed there's no corresponding Free function to
> match NutMsgQCreate.

> Looking at what the create does, I can see it's a non-trivial matter --
> ensuring you remove it from the message queue chain correctly, purge is
> list of timers, stopping them if needed? ...

Again we happily accept your patches :) AFAIK the message queues are not
widely used and formerly designed to be created once and always used,
never freed. Indeed it would make sense to have a Destroy function too.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280