[En-Nut-Discussion] qnutconf snapshots

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 21:30:31 CET 2010

Hi Ulrich,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net> wrote:

> But for a quick test I loaded your qnutconf and gave it a try.
> Respect! Good work so far.

Thanks :)

> I have a little problem with entering the correct paths. I run the
> program out of the qnutconf directory, but I changed the execution path
> to my nutos top level directory.

If it's nut/qnutconf or even if run from the source directory
(nut/tools/qnutconf) it should work as well. I made it try harder to
find the repository folder than nutconf did.

> Then in settings I entered the paths like I had them in the old nutconf.
> This doesn't work. If I give '/nut' it goes from the root of the drive
> (q:/nut/conf/repository.nut)
> If I put 'nut' it redefines to nut//conf/repository.nut (yes with
> double-slash)
> If I put some absolute path, It doesn't work either, but I had no time
> to follow that.

What it finds looks correct to me. It needs repository.nut, but I
think I see what you mean, it doesn't let you overwride that value,
instead always uses what it finds. Is that it?

> Ah, I use the trunk version from sourceforge, as that was the one laying
> round in sight.

That's the right now.

> Additionally there where to compiler errors, one file function with a
> parameter to less, and a printf with an argument to much. I can check,
> but I am currently installing Qt. Will test in a few minutes.

Compiling Nut/OS or the qnutconf? I did a commit yesterday that fixes
the compile for Qt versions prior to 4.6.0. Caught that when using it
on my notebook that wasn't updated yet.
I also have a change were that mimics the "Multiple configurations"
from nutconf, but instead of just using a filename as key, I use the
full path and take an MD5 of it to use as key. This enables me to use
config files that are outside of nut/conf and it still works properly.

I'm hanging in the IRC channel if you want to chat.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa