[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP Test Framework needed

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Jan 6 21:50:54 CET 2010

Hi!

I'd like to modify the SAM7x and DM9000 drivers to be some more
powerfull on the low end side. I do not change upper layers as there is
Harald and other working on actually.
But with the EIR there is very low CPU power left due to lot's of
memcpy. So DMA should be a good solution.

To test my modifications I need sort of a test-framework. I have netcat
and wireshark but what I need is sort of an app, that sends predefined
packets of configurable length and well defined content. App could be
linux or windows, doesn't matter. Idea is to send packets including a
checksum that is recalculated on the ARM side to verify.
Second function of that app should be to verify received packets against
the predefined ones or recalculate the checksum too.

If such a small beast exists, pleas tell me, otherwise I'd have to write
one my self.

Best regards, and a successfull and happy new year to all on the mailing
list.

Ulrich