[En-Nut-Discussion] qnutconf snapshots

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:22:43 CET 2010

Rich,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM, gofootn <rpeters at micro-magic.com> wrote:

> one feature that would life a lot easier when you are working with multiple
> nut/os versions and build types:
>
> Save the edit | settings NutConf settings dialog parameters to a config
> file, so that multiple versions can be used.  If I switch between 4.8.5 and
> 4.9 I have to redo all of those settings.
> QSettings can read/write an xml file instead of the registery which can then
> be externally edited or distributed.
> This would make life a lot easier, especially when configuring a new build

I think it shouldn't lose it's config switching from one version to
another in the registry, since there is no version specifics there.
The problem should arise when using Nut/OS for different archs. For
instance, I have a set of boards that use atmega and I'm now
developing boards with AVR32. To switch from one to another I have to
enter the settings dialog and change the compiler. I thought of having
a project file, that could store the compiler settings as well as
reference the board .conf file. Then I could have a project file for
atmega and one for AVR32 and switch from one to another just opening
the project file.

With that I could replace the current "Multiple configurations" that
nutconf has (not implemented in qnutconf yet) using a xml file per
project. This would take some effort to implement, I was thinking
about having that a little later on, after a release, so it's not
delayed too much.

Thanks,
    Thiago A, Correa