[En-Nut-Discussion] Yagarto from 23.12.2009 and newlib again...

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sun Jan 31 16:15:08 CET 2010

Hi!

Ok, in building Nut/OS it is a bit different than in compiling user
software. So here is the log from Nut/OS Configurator:

cc1.exe: warnings being treated as errors
../../nut/pro/httpopt.c: In function 'NutHttpURLEncode':
../../nut/pro/httpopt.c:129: error: array subscript has type 'char'
../../nut/pro/httpopt.c:140: error: array subscript has type 'char'
make[1]: *** [httpopt.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
13:38:45: ----- 'make all' failed with error 2 -----

Reason for the complain is:
         if (!isalnum(*ptr1) || *ptr1 == '%' || *ptr1 == '&'|| ...

While *ptr1 is
register char *ptr1, *ptr2;
isalnum() expects an int pointer.

This only an example of one function from the newlib that insists on
getting the right pointer type. There are 20..30 more of them touching
some different string related functions from the newlib.

Best regards,
Ulrich