[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut HTTP over PPP

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jun 16 12:23:06 CEST 2010

Hi Mariusz,

On 14.06.2010 11:49, Mariusz Łuba - SESCOM wrote:
> I have MMnet02 board which is supported by Ethernut and SIM200 modem
> connected to this board.
>
> It is possible to do such things:
> - MMnet02 is HTTP server with some site: index.cgi
> - connect MMnet02 to PPP server using SIM200 modem.
> - server gives MMnet02 i.e IP:192.168.1.10
> Can I connect to 192.168.1.10 and see HTML page via PPP connection?

The TCP/IP stack or the webserver code doesn't care about the physical
interface.

At least it is designed that way. This document

http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/ntn-1_ppp.html

is quite old and I haven't used PPP for some time. I assume, that it
works, but I'm not sure.

Note, that Nut/OS currently supports one network interface only. Your
firmware may decide upon boot, which interface to use, Ethernet or PPP,
but you cannot use both concurrently without substantial modifications
of the current source.