[En-Nut-Discussion] Are there Plans on supporting NXP LPC2xxx ?

Pedro Duarte PDuarte at milenio3.pt
Fri Mar 5 11:39:53 CET 2010

The compiler I'm using is Yagarto (http://www.yagarto.de/).
	This build of yagarto use the following versions:
	binutils: 2.19.1
	gcc:      4.4.2
	newlib:   1.17.0
	gdb:      6.8.50-20080308-cvs
	(18.10.2009, mifi)

To program the uC I use a very simple programmer build around a FT232R and a software called "Flash Magic" that is freely available (http://www.flashmagictool.com/). You can also use standard RS232 serial port.
This programmer and the internal LPC factory bootloader only provide basic programming functions, not real debugging.
For real debugging you would need a JTAG adapter, but I didn't needed it.

The board I'm using is a custom developed board. It has a lot of electronics around de uC that is project specific.
The uC as lots of memory and you can use the already mentioned programmer to "debug" and communicate with the uC.
To have a functional system, you only need a 3.3 V power supply and the LPC24XX with decoupling capacitors.
But I would recommend:
	3.3 V power supply
	Supply voltage monitor and reset integrated circuit
	LPC24XX with decoupling capacitors and a crystal
	Ethernet PHY, transformer, crystal and companion passives
	RS232 transceiver