[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with strings in nutconf

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 1 09:18:23 CET 2010

Hi!

I'd like to redefine some strings in my nuconf setup. Unfortunately if
I modify RTOS Kernel -> Configuration -> "etherneut" it gives me an
error about cannot set a global NIL value "string".
The problem seems to be, that the LUA interpreter gets this string as a
token, not a simple value. I always have to manually set the string to
"\"string\"".
But with every modification of the string in .conf file the string is
again overwritten without the backslashes. This happens to both,
nutconf and qnutconf.

I think either Nutconf or LUA needs something like a flavour = "string"
or type = "string" token to correctly identify this as a string. But I
cannot find the right token.
Any idea?

Best Regards
Ulrich