[En-Nut-Discussion] Unified GPIO implementation

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:55:23 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net> wrote:
> Now I think of how to go best way. Harald told me how to use the
> master-script to build all platforms and check if the compile is successful.
> Then I could merge to trunk.

How do you use the master-script? Did it work? :)

> On the other hand, I can upgrade USARTs and uGPIO and then do the merge
> thing. I think USART ans uGPIO is important so let me finish my PHY
> abstraction and may be send one packet over the STM32 EMAC. Then uGPIO,
> USART and merge to trunk.

We can merge uGPIO then work on usart on a separate branch just for it.

> Ah, if we finished uGPIO, can we do a collection of LEDs? It is so
> helpfull to simply have a blinking LED and Nut/OS unifies USARTs, SPI,
> EMACs for all the supported Boards, but the LEDs and push buttons are
> missing.

I think we have something about leds and push buttons already. This
last one from you if I remember correctly :)

Anyway, the uGPIO in the branch should work, and I've optimized the
avr32 part of it a little bit.
I haven't implemented the tin wrapper macros suggested, but all the
required functions and constants should be there.
If we can define the macro interface/requirements, I could start
working on them.

We could also consider inline functions instead of macros. Would it be
a problem to require c99?

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa