[En-Nut-Discussion] Enabling ADC on EIR

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 3 13:42:19 CET 2010

Hi!

Search for the cpu definitions in conf/arch/arch.conf
Every CPU has a provides section where it provides its features.

            {
                macro = "MCU_AT91SAM7SE32",
                brief = "Atmel AT91SAM7SE32",
                 description = "ARM7TDMI 16/32-bit RISC microcontroller
with 32K bytes flash, "..
                     "8K bytes RAM, external bus interface, USB, 2
USARTs and more. ",
                flavor = "boolean",
                exclusivity = mcu_names,
                file = "include/cfg/arch.h",
                requires = { "TOOL_CC_ARM" },
                provides = {
                    "HW_TARGET",
                    "HW_MCU_ARM",
                    "HW_MCU_AT91",
                    "HW_MCU_AT91SAM7SE",
                    "HW_TIMER_AT91",
                    "HW_PLL_AT91",
                    "HW_SDRAMC",
                    "HW_PIT_AT91",
                    "HW_UART_AT91",
                    "HW_DBGU_AT91",
                    "HW_UART0_RTSCTS",
                    "HW_UART1_RTSCTS",
                    "HW_UART1_MODEM",
                    "HW_SPI_AT91",
                    "HW_TWI_AT91",
                    "HW_RSTC_AT91",
                    "HW_PDC_AT91",
                    "HW_EFC_AT91",
                    "HW_GPIO",
                    "HW_EBI_AT91"
                },
                makedefs = { "MCU=arm7tdmi" }

Now add "HW_ADC_AT91" to any CPU that works with this driver you wrote.

Modify the "requires = {}" statement in the arm.nut to "HW_ADC_AT91"
and you have your desired result, are compatible to the design and you
can provide a patch file for us to implement it into the official
trunk. There is no problem if you cannot identify any valid cpu, we can
check that.

Best Regards
Ulrich